Of all the misguided, corrupt and deranged ideas floating around inside the D.C. bubble, perhaps the single worst one is giving illegal aliens amnesty as part of some sort of attempt to capture the Hispanic vote. If the GOP were to pursue a policy that primarily benefits corrupt business owners, the government of Mexico, and Democrats at the expense of our country and our own base, we'd truly deserve the "Stupid Party" moniker that has so often been hung around our neck. This policy wouldn't be a calculated risk or even a longshot; it would be a game of Russian Roulette...
Just like Rush Limbaugh said...they voted for Santa Claus! Only 39% of the country favors amnesty. I will not support politicians or parties that support law breaking and not enforcing our laws. The GOP would commit SUICIDE with its base if it did amnesty. I know I would probably stay home in 2014. Lindsey "I'm a goofball" "Grahamnesty" is not getting my vote. What is the GOP going to do next to get votes - agree with taking work out of welfare? Personally, long-term, if nothing changes, the GOP is going to fade away on a national level I think. Amnesty would only hasten that as it would alienate the base and add even more voters for the freebies.
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 25 mins ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago