Of all the misguided, corrupt and deranged ideas floating around inside the D.C. bubble, perhaps the single worst one is giving illegal aliens amnesty as part of some sort of attempt to capture the Hispanic vote. If the GOP were to pursue a policy that primarily benefits corrupt business owners, the government of Mexico, and Democrats at the expense of our country and our own base, we'd truly deserve the "Stupid Party" moniker that has so often been hung around our neck. This policy wouldn't be a calculated risk or even a longshot; it would be a game of Russian Roulette...
Just like Rush Limbaugh said...they voted for Santa Claus! Only 39% of the country favors amnesty. I will not support politicians or parties that support law breaking and not enforcing our laws. The GOP would commit SUICIDE with its base if it did amnesty. I know I would probably stay home in 2014. Lindsey "I'm a goofball" "Grahamnesty" is not getting my vote. What is the GOP going to do next to get votes - agree with taking work out of welfare? Personally, long-term, if nothing changes, the GOP is going to fade away on a national level I think. Amnesty would only hasten that as it would alienate the base and add even more voters for the freebies.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 8 hours ago