CHARLOTTE, NC - Round two of the 2012 DNC is finally complete, following an interminable stemwinder from former President Bill Clinton. A few thoughts on the evening: Prior to the 10pm ET hour, the convention lineup was wholly unremarkable. Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer both spoke for the second time this week. Why? These speeches lasted nearly six-and-a-half hours in total. Were retreads necessary? In any case, we heard from more abortion proponents, several union bosses, and a long list of unremarkable politicians. It was tedious in the extreme, especially the mindless Bain demagoguery. On to my "prime" prime-time...
In response to:
It's too bad that Dems have to rely on one of their former presidents (filled with lies as his speech was) rather than their own candidate. But don't worry Dems. Joe Biden's up tonight. We all know that he's more than capable of pissing away any gains that might have come about from Clinton's story-telling. If he doesn't do it tonight, he's got two months left.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014