When you're in a hole, stop digging. Last night NBC sportscaster Bob Costas made an appearance on the O'Reilly Fact in an effort to clear up any "misunderstanding" about what he said during his anti-gun monologue on Sunday night football in reaction to NFL player Jovan Belcher killing the mother of his child. Yesterday, Costas issued a non-apology for his comments that was full of excuses and one that blamed viewers for misinterpreting what he really meant and said.
"I don't back up on anything I said."
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 23 minutes ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago