During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- Huckabee getting serious about a 2016 bid? Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Gallup: Senate may be #Up4Climate, but … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago