During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 8 minutes ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 49 minutes ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago