During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago