".... his own business success against Obama’s class warfare...attacks. " Romney's business success is largely the product of tax differentials (leveraged buyouts or what laymen know as corporate raiding) and taxpayer subsdies and bailouts. He's enlarged his fortune through other tax manipulations and the use of offshore accouts. It's not the "free enterprise" most of us think of when free market comes to mind, and it is tailor-made for Obama's class warfare attacks. That Romney's primary backers have been Goldman Sachs and Wall Street hedge fund managers only furthers the "fat cat" narrative.
In my latest interview with former Governor Mitt Romney, he emphatically defends his own business success against Obama’s class warfare/Buffett Rule/Romney Rule attacks.
Don’t look for Mitt to back off from his free enterprise vision.
He also told me he will go after HUD and DOE for budget cuts and consolidation, along with a slew of other agency cuts. He will also roll back tax deductions for upper-earners while he lowers marginal rates by 20 percent across-the-board. He does not want more stimulus from the Fed. Thinks blaming speculators for high energy prices is completely wrong.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago