But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
Really? The justification for LBOs (leveraged buyouts) resides in tax code that favors debt to equity and allows investors to pocket the spread. Romney made his sizeable fortune through LBOs and taxpayer subsidies. He kept/keeps his fortune through tax code devices such as carried interest, special writeoffs (such as a $77,000 write off for a dressage horse) and moving capital offshore. The GOP may call that "free market," but that doesn't make it so.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 43 mins ago
- Joe Biden 2012: Can you believe Mitt Romney wants to hit Syria? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago