But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
"...did Republicans in 2012 address the concerns of the overwhelming majority of Americans who cite the economy and jobs as the nation's most pressing issue?" The GOP not only failed to address those issues, it ran a filthy primary and an elitest, in-your-face crony capitalist campaign. Sadly, the very GOP power structure that solidified the "I've got mine, sucker" message and the thuggish party tactics is still in place.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago