But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
"...did Republicans in 2012 address the concerns of the overwhelming majority of Americans who cite the economy and jobs as the nation's most pressing issue?" The GOP not only failed to address those issues, it ran a filthy primary and an elitest, in-your-face crony capitalist campaign. Sadly, the very GOP power structure that solidified the "I've got mine, sucker" message and the thuggish party tactics is still in place.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 47 mins ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 12 hours ago