But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
"...did Republicans in 2012 address the concerns of the overwhelming majority of Americans who cite the economy and jobs as the nation's most pressing issue?" The GOP not only failed to address those issues, it ran a filthy primary and an elitest, in-your-face crony capitalist campaign. Sadly, the very GOP power structure that solidified the "I've got mine, sucker" message and the thuggish party tactics is still in place.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 18 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago