But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
"...did Republicans in 2012 address the concerns of the overwhelming majority of Americans who cite the economy and jobs as the nation's most pressing issue?" The GOP not only failed to address those issues, it ran a filthy primary and an elitest, in-your-face crony capitalist campaign. Sadly, the very GOP power structure that solidified the "I've got mine, sucker" message and the thuggish party tactics is still in place.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- Paul Ryan: I’m not running for president if Mitt Romney runs Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Breaking: Pierson resigns Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WH to reporters: Don’t talk to people attending Mary Burke rally Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: Didn’t Obama tell us it was “unlikely” Ebola would come to America? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Cop tases 62-year-old woman — while she’s walking away from him Allahpundit 3 hours ago