But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
"...did Republicans in 2012 address the concerns of the overwhelming majority of Americans who cite the economy and jobs as the nation's most pressing issue?" The GOP not only failed to address those issues, it ran a filthy primary and an elitest, in-your-face crony capitalist campaign. Sadly, the very GOP power structure that solidified the "I've got mine, sucker" message and the thuggish party tactics is still in place.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Wendy Davis: Would Greg Abbott, who, by the way, is in an interracial marriage, defend a ban on interracial marriage? Allahpundit 17 mins ago
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 57 mins ago
- Obama doesn’t want to serve on the Supreme Court, not that anyone asked Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The dangers of turning Election Day into Election Month Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- The Pentagon is sugarcoating the situation in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Attendees head for the exits as Obama speaks at campaign rally for Maryland Democrat Allahpundit 3 hours ago