Joe Weisberg, who worked for more than three years at the CIA, first wrote a script about two CIA case officers stationed in Bulgaria. Fox bought that script,...
Lighten up. Murdoch consistently delivers quality programming. Fiction is fiction. I think most people know that.
In August, Rupert Murdoch's FX picked up a Cold War series set in the 1980s titled "The Americans." Liberals might have braced themselves for the worst. It sounded like some kind of Chuck Norris-style "jingoistic" homage to freedom-loving intelligence agents. But this is Hollywood, so the show instead focuses on KGB spies who speak perfect English, working to destroy Reagan-era America, which is not altogether a bad thing to people in Hollywood.
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 29 mins ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago