Since marriage has come to be a holy institution, rather than a contract of ownership between the groom and the father in law, it needs to be taken out of the government. Since the government has proven time and again that they are not vested with the goods to deliver on the auspices of higher moral authority. Let the government contractually offer civil unions, mainly for conversion of ownership, sharing of debt and property. At the same time, allow marriages to rest solely on the recognition of the various churches w/ no government intrusion as a sacrament. This all sounds pretty good until one remembers that the Church of Satan is a recognized religion, so...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014