The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
The answer is , No. Not for this generation, at least.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Will gun control sink Connecticut’s Democratic governor? Noah Rothman 59 mins ago
- The Democrats have a fee-vah and the only prescription is a new government shutdown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Should childhood be prisonhood? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago