BOSTON, Mass. – Behind the façade of a nondescript building in Beantown’s north end, Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign headquarters is buzzing with activity. Campaign placards, detailed maps of swing state media markets, and other flair adorn the walls. Recycling bins are loaded with telltale empty cans of diet soda. Caffeine might as well be oxygen here. Televisions in the rapid response bullpen are tuned to President Obama’s latest speech in Ohio. As the president thunders about “roads and bridges,” aides watch attentively, exchanging notes and coordinating the campaign’s reaction in real time. Columns of cubicles break up the expansive ground...
THANK YOU, CHARLES! You are exactly right. All the humming and buzzing around Mitt's campaign head quarters means NADA if the candidate cannot get out there and take advantage of some serious gifts given to him by Obama: -It's the economy, Stupid. -Gas prices and Obama's refusal to allow drilling and exploration -INFLATION! There isn't a housewife in America who won't hear that message! -A fired up base. Conservatives are fighting mad and we want a leader that is too. Turn Ryan loose. He can do some good if Romney will let him. Mitt needs to work himself up into a righteous lather and go on the offense or he will lose this regardless of his workers' enthusiasm.
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago