BOSTON, Mass. – Behind the façade of a nondescript building in Beantown’s north end, Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign headquarters is buzzing with activity. Campaign placards, detailed maps of swing state media markets, and other flair adorn the walls. Recycling bins are loaded with telltale empty cans of diet soda. Caffeine might as well be oxygen here. Televisions in the rapid response bullpen are tuned to President Obama’s latest speech in Ohio. As the president thunders about “roads and bridges,” aides watch attentively, exchanging notes and coordinating the campaign’s reaction in real time. Columns of cubicles break up the expansive ground...
THANK YOU, CHARLES! You are exactly right. All the humming and buzzing around Mitt's campaign head quarters means NADA if the candidate cannot get out there and take advantage of some serious gifts given to him by Obama: -It's the economy, Stupid. -Gas prices and Obama's refusal to allow drilling and exploration -INFLATION! There isn't a housewife in America who won't hear that message! -A fired up base. Conservatives are fighting mad and we want a leader that is too. Turn Ryan loose. He can do some good if Romney will let him. Mitt needs to work himself up into a righteous lather and go on the offense or he will lose this regardless of his workers' enthusiasm.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 9 hours ago