Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
Rubio lied that he was the son of Cuban immigrants who fled the Castro-regime. In reality, his parents had come years before Castro took over. The poor surroundings that he was claiming in his speech yesterday, aren't true either. His mother lives in posh surroundings, financed by his brother-in-law, who is a convicted drug dealer in Miami Several years ago, Rubio formed a political committee that employed Rubio's mother-in-law and three other members of Rubio's wife's family. His wife was the treasurer; between them, they failed to report $34,000 of contributions in an 18-month period. He also lied about his faith. He says he is Cathoilc but on moving with his family to Las Vegas in 1979, he converted to Mormonism. Big liar.
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Oh my: Cory Gardner 46, Mark Udall 39 in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 3 hours ago