Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
Rubio lied that he was the son of Cuban immigrants who fled the Castro-regime. In reality, his parents had come years before Castro took over. The poor surroundings that he was claiming in his speech yesterday, aren't true either. His mother lives in posh surroundings, financed by his brother-in-law, who is a convicted drug dealer in Miami Several years ago, Rubio formed a political committee that employed Rubio's mother-in-law and three other members of Rubio's wife's family. His wife was the treasurer; between them, they failed to report $34,000 of contributions in an 18-month period. He also lied about his faith. He says he is Cathoilc but on moving with his family to Las Vegas in 1979, he converted to Mormonism. Big liar.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 6 hours ago