For months, Florida Governor Rick Scott and his Elections Division have been attempting to purge non-citizen voters from the rolls. They have been unsuccessful in persuading Homeland Security to turn over their database code-named SAVE (Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements). This is the most reliable list of individuals who are not entitled to...
There is a law requiring Homeland Security to turn over their roll of non-citizens to the State. The Constitution leaves the power of voter eligibility to the individual States (hence Montana being one of the first to allow women to vote). Florida should just tell the AG to pound sand, and sue for the list. Continue to do what they are doing, and dare the AG to take action. If sued (in progress) have the court throw out the case for lack of standing.
The eyes of the nation are watching and waiting to see how the infamous George Zimmerman—Trayvon Martin “Stand Your Ground” case will play out in the courts. But hold on, this is not the only example of where Florida is in the “stand your ground” business.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 14 hours ago