Romney noted in his speech last Saturday...
In response to:
Pickens was not looking for help with his windmill farm, he already had the land and the money to develop. And as noted he has a lot of natural gas for the backup generators. What he wanted from the government was the transmission lines to hook up with the grid. This is the most difficult and expensive. When he didn't get that he was pleading for the government to mandate the use of natural gas in vehicles and to create the nationwide fueling stations. Both very difficult and expensive. One would have to ask why, considering the administration's leaning, they didn't jump on this. Better to have someone like Palin as Secretary of the Interior, who has dealt with energy companies with drilling and pipeline issues.
With only the formality of the Republican National Convention standing between them and the November election, the “Comeback Team” of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan has a little less than three months in which to convince a majority of the American electorate it is better equipped to govern the country for the next four years than its Democrat counterpart. If these two Republican leaders wish to get a jump start on accomplishing that goal, there is one person with whom they quickly should set up an appointment – Texan T. Boone Pickens.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago