Romney noted in his speech last Saturday...
In response to:
Pickens was not looking for help with his windmill farm, he already had the land and the money to develop. And as noted he has a lot of natural gas for the backup generators. What he wanted from the government was the transmission lines to hook up with the grid. This is the most difficult and expensive. When he didn't get that he was pleading for the government to mandate the use of natural gas in vehicles and to create the nationwide fueling stations. Both very difficult and expensive. One would have to ask why, considering the administration's leaning, they didn't jump on this. Better to have someone like Palin as Secretary of the Interior, who has dealt with energy companies with drilling and pipeline issues.
With only the formality of the Republican National Convention standing between them and the November election, the “Comeback Team” of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan has a little less than three months in which to convince a majority of the American electorate it is better equipped to govern the country for the next four years than its Democrat counterpart. If these two Republican leaders wish to get a jump start on accomplishing that goal, there is one person with whom they quickly should set up an appointment – Texan T. Boone Pickens.
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 53 mins ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago