Last night in Northern Virginia, Democratic Rep. Jim Moran held a public "conversation about gun violence." Moran respesents Virginia's 8th congressional district. Celia Bigelow, the former campus action director for American Majority Action, asked Moran why he felt it was appropriate to legislate women into being victims. Bigelow specifically referred to the story of Amanda Collins who said she was "legislated into being a victim" by university bureaucrats. Collins was raped on campus in a gun free zone at gun point. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of her concealed carry permit, but not her...
Nice try, LC, but you're dodging. How about addressing the choices that I listed. Why is it that "pro-choice" only applies to terminating life in the womb? Don't you find it amazing that politicians like Bloomberg can call themselves "pro-choice" while forcing through a law limiting the freedom to choice what size soda to buy? What about Obama claiming to be all about choice...except when it comes to allowing us to choose to buy into Obamacare? We are forced to buy into it, just as religious institutions will be forced to violate their conscience by providing birth control and abortifacients. Now...what about the other items on that list? Care to comment? I'm especially interested to hear your take on closed union shops.
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 21 minutes ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago