Last night in Northern Virginia, Democratic Rep. Jim Moran held a public "conversation about gun violence." Moran respesents Virginia's 8th congressional district. Celia Bigelow, the former campus action director for American Majority Action, asked Moran why he felt it was appropriate to legislate women into being victims. Bigelow specifically referred to the story of Amanda Collins who said she was "legislated into being a victim" by university bureaucrats. Collins was raped on campus in a gun free zone at gun point. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of her concealed carry permit, but not her...
We have to keep hammering the Left when it comes to their hypocrisy on this issue of choice. Leftists are always so sanctimonious about “the freedom of choice,” but oddly that doesn't seem to apply to... …our freedom to choose to own and use a gun …our freedom to choose to drink a large soda …our freedom to choose what kind of lightbulbs we can use in our homes …our freedom to choose whether or not to join a labor union …our freedom to choose to drive an SUV …our freedom as a nation to choose to drill for oil …our freedom to choose where our children attend primary school …our freedom to worship as we choose …our freedom to choose whether or not to buy into Obamacare
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago