We wrote about the extreme 2012 Democratic platform this morning, noting that it excludes God and Jerusalem, yet includes taxpayer-funded late term abortion. Even the media found these decisions slightly unusual, leading to a noisy chorus of criticism that eventually built to a critical mass. The decision was made to uproot the platform and undo the controversial language and omissions. The problem? The platform was formally adopted yesterday. Democratic officials couldn't just quietly tweak the document behind closed doors; they had to put the modified platform up for another vote. When they did so, chaos erupted. In three separate...
In response to:
I find it funny that the "right wing" is headlining this as a floor part to make the dems look unstable...what happened was no more then a vote on redderick used..it's ironic how just a week ago you had an entire stadium praising the person not even being nominated...Ron Paul not only was praised but the rnc even showed a tribute on him...I don't know if ever in history has a convention showed a tribute video on a losing candidate, you guys are a truly stable party..if Hellen Keller were the judge....if anyone's going to headline this as a floor fight they had better be drinking whiskey...because this was no more then the policy to declare something...Tampa was a floor fight 10 times over this and involving the nominee...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 14 hours ago