Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
Perhaps you are correct. And since we are hypothicizing here, what if Lincoln had lived rather been assassinated. His plan for Reconstruction of the South was not so harsh as that of Charles Sumner and Thaddeus Stevens which was imposed upon the rebellious states. Once Reconstruction was declared complete, southern states retaliated with the Jim Crow laws. Perhaps, had Lincoln lived, slaves would have been freed and integration would have been more peaceful with less discrimination. Who knows?
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago