The school claims that the boy...
I've always contended that little boys are born knowing, "pow, pow," and "vrooom, vrooom." In the mid-seventies two of my outspoken feminist neighbors admonished me for raising my two sons differently from my two daughters; that I allowed them to be "rougher," and "louder." It was my parenting that made the difference. Then in 1976, all three of us had baby boys and within 18 months they'd changed their tunes considerably. All five boys and six girls in this tale grew up to become responsible, normal adults.
The shooting of 20 schoolchildren and six adults in Newtown, Conn., just before Christmas has reignited the debate about guns and violence in America. But the problem with trying to tackle a complex issue in reaction to a horrific event is that too often we end up making symbolic gestures -- and sometimes those gestures end up doing as much harm as good. A prime example is the recent suspension of a six-year-old boy from a public school in Silver Spring, Md. His offense? He pointed his index finger at another child and said, "Pow."
- Gray Lady reporter very confused as to why Republicans don’t want the President to be attacked Jazz Shaw 25 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 11 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 12 hours ago