Great article Dr. W. I saw a lot of this up close when teaching in my local district here in Liberalville. It would never occur to me to cheat on the tests, but there were some who did. Once integration came to the district, the mantra was, "Only Black teachers could effectively teach Black children because of common experience." And the death spiral began. Many of the Black teachers hired in my building were graduates of a school where the average ACT score was 14. Several Black principals harrassed white teachers into finding another job. The last sentence of this article says it all. Esssentially the system in the major cities is a work program for adults, not the education of children.
Nearly two years ago, U.S. News & World Report came out with a story titled "Educators Implicated in Atlanta Cheating Scandal." It reported that "for 10 years, hundreds of Atlanta public school teachers and principals changed answers on state tests in one of the largest cheating scandals in U.S. history." More than three-quarters of the 56 Atlanta schools investigated had cheated on the National Assessment of Educational Progress test, sometimes called the national report card. Cheating orders came from school administrators and included brazen acts such as teachers reading answers aloud during the test and erasing incorrect answers. One teacher told...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Rand Paul’s become acceptably hawkish for a prospective GOP nominee, says … John McCain Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- State’s Marie Harf: ISIS couldn’t even have predicted how powerful ISIS would become Noah Rothman 12 hours ago