Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago