Democratic presidents Woodrow Wilson and John F. Kennedy spoke plainly about the fact that higher tax rates on individuals and businesses did not automatically translate into higher tax revenues for the government. Beyond some point, high tax rates on those with high incomes simply led to those incomes being invested in tax-free bonds, with the revenue from those bonds being completely lost to the government -- and the investments lost...
The jock gets an F in class on government. Suzy gets an A. Prof gives both a C. Suzy say,"how come I only got a C, when I'm so much smarter than he is?" Prof says. I'm being fair and equal like the book and gov't says. I'm distributing the mark between you, like the book says. I'm taking part of your mark and giving it to him because he needs it more than you do. Story or real? Problem: Prof is making the money.
There was a time when Democrats and Republicans alike could talk sense about tax rates, in terms of what is best for the economy, without demagoguery about "tax cuts for the rich."
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 45 mins ago
- Pew survey: “Consistent liberals” most likely to block others on social media for disagreeing with them politically Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago