Black Africans know this. That is why so many seek to live in the United States. Decades ago, the number of black Africans who had immigrated to the United States had already surpassed the...
The difference between left and right on this issue is that people on the right tend primarily to see people as individuals whereas people on the left tend to see people primarily as a member of some group. If I see a person of Asian or African descent, I may recognize that they come from a different culture than I do, but just like the Declarations says, I will first acknowledge that they were created equal to me because they are first and foremost a person. One of the geniuses of this country was idea that all individuals are the same no matter what there background. Social identity politics ruins that idea, and encourages people to make division not to breakdown walls.
In light of the tragic killing of black teenager Trayvon Martin -- and the manufactured hysteria surrounding it -- one thing needs to be stated as clearly and as often as possible: The United States is the least racist and least xenophobic country in the world. Foreigners of every race, ethnicity, and religion know this. Most Americans suspect this. Most black Americans and the entire left deny this.
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago