Black Africans know this. That is why so many seek to live in the United States. Decades ago, the number of black Africans who had immigrated to the United States had already surpassed the...
Wrong, most people here recognize there are still some, maybe even a lot of real racists in the country, and we are offended by them and don't want them in our midst. Sometimes people do commit crimes based on race. This issue that Dennis is challenging is not about whether there are individual racists, but whether white or "American" society as a whole is racist. The leftist meme is that whites are by nature racist and America is structurally racist, and that the only way not to be an active racist is to promote specific policies that help certain (but not all) minorities who are otherwise be disadvantaged in our racist culture.
In light of the tragic killing of black teenager Trayvon Martin -- and the manufactured hysteria surrounding it -- one thing needs to be stated as clearly and as often as possible: The United States is the least racist and least xenophobic country in the world. Foreigners of every race, ethnicity, and religion know this. Most Americans suspect this. Most black Americans and the entire left deny this.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago