In response to:
Inflation for the average person is absolutely true and a major concern. It is one of the major topics between my wife and her friends. They all recognized the extra costs at the grocery store, and everyone sees it at the gas pump. If the median income is less than $50,000 then these price increases hit those of us in that category much harder. It is one of the primary reasons that people feel uneasy about the economy.
Journalists, politicians and economists all seem to agree that the biggest economic issue currently worrying voters is unemployment. It follows then that most believe that the deciding factor in the presidential race will be the ability of each candidate to convince the public that his policies will create jobs. It seems that everyone got this memo...except the voters.
According to the results of a Fox News poll released last week (a random telephone sample of more than 1,200 registered voters), 41% identified "inflation" as "the biggest economic problem they...
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago