The Lesson of Dunkirk

Sam1642 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 11:21 AM
Again, we CAN win this victory if "French Republicans" would just fight the fight!!

The Lesson of Dunkirk

Sam1642 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 11:16 AM
With officers like John McCain, John Cornyn and Mitch McConnell, maybe you have a point there, Henry. That's what we are trying to say; we CAN win this if "French Republicans" would just fight the fight!!

The Lesson of Dunkirk

Sam1642 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 11:12 AM
"Predictably, the GOP was blamed." Yeah, in part by members of the GOP!

The Lesson of Dunkirk

Sam1642 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 11:10 AM
Far too many Republican "leaders" are ALWAYS folding them far too soon. It is time to stand and fight! Not to run and hide. We need our country back. We need free-enterprise back. We need Liberty back. We are not going to get it all back with spineless quislings always giving "Skinny little Barry" everything he wants.

The Lesson of Dunkirk

Sam1642 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 10:44 AM
Senator Cruz' end game--his purpose, was to educated the public. He is succeeding. As Optimista wrote--and you agreed, every member of the GOP should be making it very clear that Obama and the Democrats were ultimately responsible for the government shutdown. They aren't; and they haven't been. Instead, they go along with "conventional wisdom" and blame Ted Cruz.

The Lesson of Dunkirk

Sam1642 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 10:28 AM
Earle8, you hit the nail squarely on the head. Dr. Sowell seems to believe that Sen. Cruz is, almost singlehandly, hurting our chances to reclaim the Senate. Dr. Sowell, out in California, is about as far away from the Beltway as an American living in the "lower 48" can get. It is hard to understand how he could get caught up in the Beltway mentality of the political consulting class. Between LA and Washington, the is a vast heartland. In the heartland, we stand with Senator Cruz!! If we can drown out the "progressive" voices of the Washington establishment, the Senate will be ours in 2014!

The Lesson of Dunkirk

Sam1642 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 10:07 AM
Dr. Sowell and his colleague, Dr. Walter E. Williams, have been my two favorite columnists for about a quarter century. I cannot recall a single time when I disagreed with either of them—until now. Ted Cruz is not the problem. He is not even A problem. Well, okay, I suppose he IS a BIG problem for the brood of spineless jellyfish known to listeners of Mark Levin as the “French Republicans.” These “establishment” Republicans ARE the problem!! Heeding their “progressive,” conventional wisdom-spewing consultants and bowing to corporate cronies/donors, they are growing Big Government and are wrecking free-enterprise. Perhaps they are not as bad or as reckless as Democrats, but they are still taking this great country in the wrong direction. Ted Cruz is helping to make all of this very clear. God Bless him! More power to him! Shame on Dr. Sowell for blurring the lines, and for sowing seeds of doubt among conservatives. It pains me to no end to say this!

Congressionally Duped Americans

Sam1642 Wrote: Nov 06, 2013 9:03 AM
Please see http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/weaver/100921.
My employer of 25 years sold the company 10 days after last November's election. In a private conversation, he told me that Obamacare, EPA regulations, and uncertain tax policies were the driving forces in his decision to sell. Since November, some 55 employees--some of the greatest folks you'll ever meet on this planet--have been given pink slips. I remain employed, but that is only because I am the traffic manager. The moment all equipment/documents/etc. have been shipped to the new company, I will be unemployed at the age of 50. Blissful Utopia! All hail the Great and powerful Barack Hussein Obama!

Historic Rescuers

Sam1642 Wrote: Jun 06, 2013 2:29 AM
Many (perhaps 14 or 15) years ago, I purchased “The Landmark Thucydides: A Comprehensive Guide to the Peloponnesian War.” I had just recently read the introduction and several pages of text, when I stumbled upon an article by Victor Davis Hanson on JewishWorldReview.com. As I read the text of that article, I thought both the information and the style sounded very familiar. I grabbed “Landmark Thucydides” and discovered that Victor Davis Hanson was the author of the introduction. I have been a big fan ever since—especially after learning all about Mr. Hanson’s background. I look forward to reading “The Savior Generals.” I have no doubt that George Washington has a prominent spot in this book. Knowledge of history is crucial to the preservation of liberty; as is courage and determined action in the face of hopelessness and despair.