The first round of UN Arms Trade Treaty talks may have fallen apart at the month-long conference held in NYC this past July, but as Ted Bromund over at Heritage noted at the time, “Now that the concept of the ATT has been invented, it cannot be uninvented. There are too many countries and too many left-wing nongovernmental organizations that want a treaty.” He was right and as Katie reported last week, it didn’t take very long to initiate another attempt. One question she raised in her post deserves more attention: “Is the argument from the U.N. that...
In response to:
I do NOT have to read the treaty to know that the treaty WILL have significant inpact on the Second Amendment! Just read Article VI of the U.S. Constitution: "...and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be thee supreme Law of the Land;...". If that's not convincing enough, keep reading:"...and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing [the Second Amendment is any thing] in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding." If antone tells you this administration is signing on to this piece of garbage treaty for a "better control of arms flow to terrorists", once again they are LYING.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago