The number of Americans living in poverty stayed at a record high in 2011, while the median household income fell for a second straight year, the Census Bureau announced Wednesday, as it released its latest look at how Americans live. In all, as in 2010,...
Many evangelicals who would normally vote Republican say they view Mormonism as a cult. Several of those interviewed in Lynchburg were devotees of the TV series "Big Love" and "Sister Wives," about polygamous Mormon families. They were unaware that the Mormon Church long ago renounced polygamy. "Mormons don't believe like we believe," said Dianna McCullough, a retired factory worker, as she tossed salad in a Tree of Life Ministries soup kitchen. "Like the wives -- Romney's probably got more than one."
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 45 mins ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago