As documented on the Durham County, N.C., website, the position of sheriff originated in England more than 1,000 years ago, known then as a shire-reeve, who was "the steward of the King's estates, guardian of the peace, judge and jury of the Shire County (county court) and was the local agent of...
Hey Chuckie, where's the retraction now that Arpaio has found NOTHING to support his racist birther claim? The clowns went back to Arizona with ZILCH.
For many, the term "sheriff" conjures up images of the Old West. A few may consider a sheriff to have some form of outdated and obsolete political office. But for me and countless other patriots across our nation, a sheriff is the epitome of good and necessary county law enforcement.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 8 hours ago