As documented on the Durham County, N.C., website, the position of sheriff originated in England more than 1,000 years ago, known then as a shire-reeve, who was "the steward of the King's estates, guardian of the peace, judge and jury of the Shire County (county court) and was the local agent of...
Hey Chuckie, where's the retraction now that Arpaio has found NOTHING to support his racist birther claim? The clowns went back to Arizona with ZILCH.
For many, the term "sheriff" conjures up images of the Old West. A few may consider a sheriff to have some form of outdated and obsolete political office. But for me and countless other patriots across our nation, a sheriff is the epitome of good and necessary county law enforcement.
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 15 hours ago