As documented on the Durham County, N.C., website, the position of sheriff originated in England more than 1,000 years ago, known then as a shire-reeve, who was "the steward of the King's estates, guardian of the peace, judge and jury of the Shire County (county court) and was the local agent of...
Hey Chuckie, where's the retraction now that Arpaio has found NOTHING to support his racist birther claim? The clowns went back to Arizona with ZILCH.
For many, the term "sheriff" conjures up images of the Old West. A few may consider a sheriff to have some form of outdated and obsolete political office. But for me and countless other patriots across our nation, a sheriff is the epitome of good and necessary county law enforcement.
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 28 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 53 mins ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago