Obama’s Legacy is Death

sahlberg Wrote: Jun 02, 2014 8:50 AM
You have finally gotten around to asking the same question I have been asking for 5 years now, "Is Obama a moron, or is he a monster?"
The quest for transparency regarding political contributions is a fool's errand. The right approach is anonymity. The only real reason a contributor needs for a candidate to know of his contribution is that he expects some consideration from the candidate, making the contribution a bribe.

President Obama, the Disengaged Scold

sahlberg Wrote: May 23, 2014 1:20 PM
You wrote, "The inescapable truth is he jealously guards against the disciplining of anyone in his administration, because it could reflect badly on him." I think it is more likely that he is afraid that the object of his discipline might turn into a disgruntled squealer.

The Myth of Segregation's Return

sahlberg Wrote: May 16, 2014 10:17 AM
The solution to the problem of insufficiently integrated schools is so simple I'm surprised our progressive friends haven't already thought of it. Just force enough white/asian and black/hispanic parents to swap children until the desired racial balance is achieved. There- problem solved!
Two things to always remember about leftists: They believe that the end always justifies the means. Those they hate, they accuse of being hateful.
The left has always believed that the end justifies the means. How can anyone who has been paying attention be surprised by anything they do?

The Growing Threat of a Wealth Tax

sahlberg Wrote: May 07, 2014 8:17 AM
We already pay taxes on much of our wealth through property taxes. Unfortunately, people have gotten used to paying huge taxes for the privilege of owning real estate and don't make much of a fuss over it.
You think Sotomayor and other liberal justices are so muddled in their thinking that they don't see how illogical their positions are. Probably, in a few instances you are right. But in the vast majority their thought process is simply this- "The end justifies the means."

Liberal Pundits of the World, Unite!

sahlberg Wrote: May 01, 2014 1:10 PM
You wrote, "It's been deemed an 'important book' by a bunch of smart people." If you had used highly-educated rather than smart, I would not disagree with you, but calling the morons who consider Piketty's book important smart, was not very smart.
Count me as being fully in favor of voter suppression. I think voting once in an election should be enough.

The Great Divide in America

sahlberg Wrote: Apr 14, 2014 12:35 PM
You wrote, "The question thus becomes how we can breach the divide when even the smart members of the left-wing intelligentsia will not dialogue and will only stoop to ad hominem attacks on the Kochs and blaming all evils on abortion and global warming?" It seems to me you are assuming too much. While I have no doubt that Mr. Kornbluth has a degree from a prestigious university, I most certainly assure you that there is indeed such a thing as a highly-credentialed moron and, from what you wrote, I think Mr.Kornbluth qualifies.