Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Dr. Williams, since the discussion always comes around to the liberals seeking to tear off a piece of the parchment the US Constitution was penned on to wipe their smelly backsides with.....Why does it have to be the 2nd Amendment, which would punish all Americans good or evil..... If they are going to rip up the Constitution, why not the Fifth Amendment? And then, instead of completely destroying it the way the liberals seek to do to the 2nd Amendment.....Why no modify it ever so slightly... Alter the Fifth Amendment to have the exception of.....Any person caught in the act of murdering more than a single person, is to be dragged into the street, put on public display, and shot dead with no additional due process required.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago