In the final jobs report prior to the election, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has announced that unemployment crept up in October to 7.9 percent, as 170,000 nonfarm payroll jobs were added. The broader "U-6" unemployment statistic is 14.6 percent (up a hair from 14.5 six months ago). August and September's numbers were both revised upward, which is a positive sign. As Jim Pethokoukis notes, average monthly job growth in 2012 has been nearly identical to the sub-par numbers of 2011, and hourly wages remain stagnant at best. The "worst recovery since the Great Depression" continues....
In response to:
Lucky, this is one of the more stupid responses I have seen offered in years.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 4 hours ago