Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
JOHN KERRY! UNFIT FOR COMMAND! Read the book, folks....it's ALL in there. He is a lying, self-serving, POS who couldn't lead a vulture to carrion!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 11 hours ago