Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
JOHN KERRY! UNFIT FOR COMMAND! Read the book, folks....it's ALL in there. He is a lying, self-serving, POS who couldn't lead a vulture to carrion!
NewsBusted! President Obama, ISIS, 9/11, August Jobs Report, NBC News, Syrian Rebels, South Dakota Snow
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago