Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
JOHN KERRY! UNFIT FOR COMMAND! Read the book, folks....it's ALL in there. He is a lying, self-serving, POS who couldn't lead a vulture to carrion!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago