What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Who here remembers what "judicial activism" is? The Republicans play this card whenever those "evil libs" overthrow long accepted laws like those "Jim Crow" laws back in the 1950's. Mouth-peices of the Republican party are quick to say that laws, passed by Congress, implmented the will of the people. Thwarting the "will of the people" was the road to Fascism. Who elected the Supreme Court Republicans will ask? Now, these Republicans are drooling and slobbering over the possibility of Obamacare being overturned. Republicans are, once again, showing their Fascist proclivities.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 9 hours ago