What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Who here remembers what "judicial activism" is? The Republicans play this card whenever those "evil libs" overthrow long accepted laws like those "Jim Crow" laws back in the 1950's. Mouth-peices of the Republican party are quick to say that laws, passed by Congress, implmented the will of the people. Thwarting the "will of the people" was the road to Fascism. Who elected the Supreme Court Republicans will ask? Now, these Republicans are drooling and slobbering over the possibility of Obamacare being overturned. Republicans are, once again, showing their Fascist proclivities.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 7 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago