North Korea: Update. North Koreans celebrated Kim Il-sung's birthday without launching a missile, as of this Watch. The leadership rejected offers of talks proposed by the US and by the Republic of Korea. It also rejected negotiations over Kaesong, which remains idle.
On Saturday, South Korean intelligence reported the missiles deployed to the east coast site had not been detected for two days, suggesting they have not moved, according to the report. There have been no reports of missile movement over the weekend.
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 17 mins ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 56 mins ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago