You've missed the boat z. Carney didn't even have an answer...at all. He took no position, or he didn't know their position. He's either ignorant or afraid to express a controversial conviction. That said, who cares what other countries say, Israel calls Jerusalem it's capital, and they're the ones who get to decide that.
In an amazing, protracted exchange, White House press secretary Jay Carney refused to state the administration's view on whether the capital of Israel is Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.
The fact that this would be such a difficult question for the administration's spokesman speaks volumes about the Obama campaign's ignorance of and/or discomfort with all topics pertaining to our strongest mideast ally, Israel.
Jewish voters who supported the President in 2008 should take note.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago