President Obama just wrapped up his press conference with Vice President Joe Biden announcing a new gun control task force. Obama said although "no law will prevent every senseless act," the country cannot sit back and do nothing in the wake of the tragedy in Sandy Hook last week. The President said he will be taking gun control proposals collected by Biden until January. In the new Congress, he vowed to use all the powers of his office to put chosen proposals into place. Obama said he needed the help of Congress on this issue, but rumors in Washington point...
In response to:
"I will use all the powers of this office aimed at preventing tragedies like this,” Obama said. Indeed he will. Maybe Obama will use the theory most beloved by the Neocons, "the unitary executive" and issue an executive order under the cover of the BS known as the GWOT. The question would then be just how long it takes the GOP to cave to Obama. This might make an interesting development to have a betting pool over. Too bad for the gun grabbers that a Republican isn't president. If there was one I bet most Stupid Party members would vote for it.
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago