“They want Iran to go back to what it was...
In response to:
It's been a while since I've seen Scheuer. I'll have to do a search to see what you refer to regarding Africa. I wouldn't be surprised to see that brigade I wrote about above winds up over there. Eric Margolis also has an interesting take on these matters. Yes, the US is primarily a naval power and any cutbacks of actual strength should hit them and the marines last. I'd seriously consider bringing back the AAC and disbanding the AF to save money.
In an interview published today in Al-Ahram, a state-run Egyptian newspaper, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran is already a nuclear state but has no interest in attacking Israel because the weapons are “defensive.” On the second day of his trip to Egypt, Ahmadinejad warned against an Israeli preemptive strike on Iranian nuclear facilities, saying such a strike would result in severe consequences for the “Zionists.” Ahmadinejad continued on to say that “from now on the world should treat Iran as a nuclear state” and addressed Iran’s latest technological advancements:
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 59 minutes ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago