Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
This one is easy. Say she had her CCW with her. What makes her or anyone else thinks that she would have been aware enough to grab that gun, turn the safety off and aim it before the rapist took that gun, shot her in the head and raped her anyway then took her gun and went out to use it to commit more crimes? You gun freaks clearly believe that if you have a gun at your side you are invincible and crimes will cease to exist. This then gives people a very false sense of security. If a highly trained law enforcement agent can have their gun taken and used against them you're dreaming if you think yours can't. But, keep kidding yourselves that the gun turns you into Superman.
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- MNSure asks for additional $12.5 million to fix website and call center Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago