"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 6 hours ago