This is not about the American Dream or a Horatio Alger story. (Does anybody remember him?) Nor is it mythmaking. It's made of sterner stuff than that....
This column echoes the teachings in government owned schools of the great emancipator who saved the nation. The real truth which only one with a functioning brain and the ability to look past the politically correct government liberal propaganda is that Lincoln was a tyrant who would have best been shot in 1860 and decimation of the beautiful South by vulgar savage invaders of a savage nation would not have occurred. It was Mr. Lincoln's war. He sent thugs into a sovereign nation to force, coerce the peaceful South to bend to his will. I'd have shot him myself. If your only knowledge of history comes from Stephen Spielberg then this is what you think and write. Sadly few people have the intelligence level to look for truth.
Every schoolchild with enough smarts and curiosity to get beyond the latest video game of "Call of Duty" ought to go see "Lincoln," the movie, and check out the references and his own attention span. It requires patience, but it shows through dramatic action how a self-taught rustic from the deep backwoods had the emotional and intellectual discipline to overcome poverty and grow up to be a president to rank among the greatest.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 20 hours ago