Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
Dr Williams, I have often used a similar argument when discussing Govt. "charity" though I believe your example omits 2 important components -- the amount kept back for "carrying charges" and the patting ones self on the back for being so "charitable"!
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Ryan and Murray announce budget deal Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Alan Grayson scammed out of millions…for the second time Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Doom: Obama’s approval hits new low, congressional Dems in trouble in new Quinnipiac poll Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Big Wind wins protection from eagle-death prosecutions, but the production tax credit is still up in the air Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Hot topic in jihadi circles: Is sodomy okay if it’s designed to make space for a bomb? Allahpundit 7 hours ago