For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
The term for this is "homosalesmanship." BTW, if the Kennedy Center was honest about awarding the brave public personalities, the next winner would be Rush Limbaugh.
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- Why not Mike Pence in 2016? Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- Report: That recent deceleration in healthcare spending? Yeah, that’s probably over Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- New Fox ensemble show to feature Townhall’s Katie Pavlich as contributor Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Surprise: Democrat-aligned groups vastly out-raising conservative counterparts in 2014 Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Obama to faith leaders: I have no plans for an executive amnesty on immigration Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 3 hours ago