Yet, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans voted for the passage of...
In response to:
You sound like a tyoical, Obama butt-snorkling knob.
As recently as 1956, nearly 39 percent of blacks voted Republican in that year's presidential election. After the Civil War, Abe Lincoln's Republican Party easily carried the black vote -- where blacks were allowed to vote. Unwelcome in the Democratic Party, most blacks voted Republican and continued to do so through the early part of the 20th century. It wasn't until 1948, when 77 percent of the black vote went to Harry Truman, who had desegregated the military, that a majority of blacks identified themselves as Democrats.
- Obama hits 40% approval in AP poll, loses ground on foreign policy Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 3 hours ago