Yet, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans voted for the passage of...
In response to:
You sound like a tyoical, Obama butt-snorkling knob.
As recently as 1956, nearly 39 percent of blacks voted Republican in that year's presidential election. After the Civil War, Abe Lincoln's Republican Party easily carried the black vote -- where blacks were allowed to vote. Unwelcome in the Democratic Party, most blacks voted Republican and continued to do so through the early part of the 20th century. It wasn't until 1948, when 77 percent of the black vote went to Harry Truman, who had desegregated the military, that a majority of blacks identified themselves as Democrats.
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 14 mins ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 24 mins ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- VA whistle-blowers receive settlements for retaliation Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pierson to Congress: White House intrusion will never happen again Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago