Yet, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans voted for the passage of...
In response to:
You sound like a tyoical, Obama butt-snorkling knob.
As recently as 1956, nearly 39 percent of blacks voted Republican in that year's presidential election. After the Civil War, Abe Lincoln's Republican Party easily carried the black vote -- where blacks were allowed to vote. Unwelcome in the Democratic Party, most blacks voted Republican and continued to do so through the early part of the 20th century. It wasn't until 1948, when 77 percent of the black vote went to Harry Truman, who had desegregated the military, that a majority of blacks identified themselves as Democrats.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago