For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago