Joe Weisberg, who worked for more than three years at the CIA, first wrote a script about two CIA case officers stationed in Bulgaria. Fox bought that script,...
Murdock did it because he could hire Roger Ailes and present a cable channel that filled a very large unserved audience. This was a result of Ailes success marketing the Rush Limbaugh shows. Get real, he did it for money and it was a brilliant move. Read some of his own newspapers if you want to see that he is just another media type bent on making money. He serves all kinds of audiences and readers. He is not some kind of Conservative media saviour
In August, Rupert Murdoch's FX picked up a Cold War series set in the 1980s titled "The Americans." Liberals might have braced themselves for the worst. It sounded like some kind of Chuck Norris-style "jingoistic" homage to freedom-loving intelligence agents. But this is Hollywood, so the show instead focuses on KGB spies who speak perfect English, working to destroy Reagan-era America, which is not altogether a bad thing to people in Hollywood.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 8 hours ago