Joe Weisberg, who worked for more than three years at the CIA, first wrote a script about two CIA case officers stationed in Bulgaria. Fox bought that script,...
Murdock did it because he could hire Roger Ailes and present a cable channel that filled a very large unserved audience. This was a result of Ailes success marketing the Rush Limbaugh shows. Get real, he did it for money and it was a brilliant move. Read some of his own newspapers if you want to see that he is just another media type bent on making money. He serves all kinds of audiences and readers. He is not some kind of Conservative media saviour
In August, Rupert Murdoch's FX picked up a Cold War series set in the 1980s titled "The Americans." Liberals might have braced themselves for the worst. It sounded like some kind of Chuck Norris-style "jingoistic" homage to freedom-loving intelligence agents. But this is Hollywood, so the show instead focuses on KGB spies who speak perfect English, working to destroy Reagan-era America, which is not altogether a bad thing to people in Hollywood.
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 18 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago