The IRS issued regulations last week announcing that the cheapest insurance plan under Obamacare will cost a family of five $20,000 per year by 2016. That estimate is based on choosing the plan offering the least benefits, the bronze plan. Government employees with their heavily subsidized healthcare and those who haven't been able to afford health insurance the last few years are in for a rude awakening when they realize how much health insurance for the private sector has increased over the last few years, especially due to Obamacare. Low-income Americans making barely over minimum wage are bitterly discovering how...
Dear Loyal democrat? I make $79,500 annually. My husband makes about $66,000 annually. Are we considered rich to you? We have two children, pay for daycare, mortgage, have 2 toyota cars my out of pocket maxiumum just went from $4,000/annually to $10,000/annually thanks to Obama care. My co-pays went from $25/visit to $40/visit. My boss (who only employees 6 people), has to pay $1,100/month for my coverage instead of $785/month. We pay about 30% of our income in taxes, etc. after deductions. The payroll tax just caused us to lose $200/month in income effective Jan. 1, 2013. Rich people are not effected by Obama care. Middle class citizens trying to save for their retirement and childrens college are being affected by Obamacare!
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Mystery deepens: Missing Malaysian jet reportedly flew hundreds of miles in the wrong direction Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Andrew Malcolm, Melissa Henson Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- Hawaii ponders: It might be time to start taxing insurers for not participating in our ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul to Ted Cruz: Stop mischaracterizing my foreign policy views Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago