I cannot imagine that we have produced a generation that does not know how to care for themselves or their children. For the first time in U.S. history, we have produced a group of 18-40 year olds who act as children, not adults. They all expect hand outs (from either the govt. or their parents). Either way, something went wrong, and they didn't grow up. The rest of us have to pay. I'm truly scared. This from a 33 year old.
Many American's already pay 40% + of their income in federal, state, local and property taxes. Many wealthy American's already pay 50% + of their income to the same. With that said, let's stop the tax warfare business and stop punishing those that work hard. We are only on this earth and given a finite time period to enjoy our lives, families, see the great wonders of nature, etc. With that said, my husband and I have to work every January - May for free before we get to keep any of our hard earned money. Just what is the governments fair share? If the elderly and disabled need help, then fine. Early in my adulthood, I worked 55 hours/week, bringing an 18 mo old to one of my jobs to pay rent, daycare, food, etc. Never asked for help
This makes me sick. It shows the true colors of this Administration and President. They could cut as mentioned in the article, video games, new TSA uniforms ($50,000,000 this month), $250,000,000 to the Muslim brotherhood via the Egyptian govt., money we give Hamas, African nations, that funnel it to corrupt leaders, grant research money to study bat poop, government grant money to "emerging" groups...etc. etc. We throw away so much money and the fact that the White house did not want to even consider cutting "less necessary" funding shows their true colors. A repub would be raked over the coals by the media for this. I sure hope Obummer doesn't get a free pass for spitting on the American people.

Six Million To Pay ObamaCare Penalty

Ruth228 Wrote: Mar 05, 2013 2:16 PM
I mean he was not a conservative.

Six Million To Pay ObamaCare Penalty

Ruth228 Wrote: Mar 05, 2013 2:13 PM
LOL...Timothy McVeigh was not a conservation. Fort Hood shooter, not a conservative. Columbine, Sandy Hook, Tuscon, Virginia Tech and Aurora, NOT conversative. In fact, most of them had more liberal political leanings. One thing they did have in common....they were head cases. Nice try.
Agreed. Feminists have created a generation of young-men who don't grow up becuase there is no need to. My parents and grandparents all had homes, married, and at least 1 child by the age of 25. Today's 25 year old still has 10+ years of deciding on majors, traveling with buddies, living with roommates, etc. We are raising a bunch of losers in my opinion. I'm only 32 and lucky I found a responsible, REAL MAN who loves our kids and would never dream of not working. It doesn't mean he has to burden all of the responsiblity, though. I work too. We are a partnership and that is how it should be. Women's lib has gone way too far. I still expect him to open my door on date nights. And he still does. :-)
I'll tell you what he is talking about. Many of our U.S. jobs are being outsourced to places like China, India, South America, etc. Since places like China and India have a lot of people but few opportunities, even people with above average skills (by U.S. standards) take "average" American jobs for $200/month. I worked for a large corp. that was CA based, who has offshore facilities and was constantly cutting U.S. jobs where we paid people $5,000/month to overseas labor for $200/month with no healthcare to pay out. I personally visited the Bangalore and Hyderabad India facilities and had direct reports at these operations. I know what I'm talking about and so does Hawkins.

Whatever Happened to Free Obamacare?

Ruth228 Wrote: Feb 04, 2013 12:18 PM
Dear Loyal democrat? I make $79,500 annually. My husband makes about $66,000 annually. Are we considered rich to you? We have two children, pay for daycare, mortgage, have 2 toyota cars my out of pocket maxiumum just went from $4,000/annually to $10,000/annually thanks to Obama care. My co-pays went from $25/visit to $40/visit. My boss (who only employees 6 people), has to pay $1,100/month for my coverage instead of $785/month. We pay about 30% of our income in taxes, etc. after deductions. The payroll tax just caused us to lose $200/month in income effective Jan. 1, 2013. Rich people are not effected by Obama care. Middle class citizens trying to save for their retirement and childrens college are being affected by Obamacare!

Women in Combat Spells Trouble

Ruth228 Wrote: Jan 25, 2013 12:16 AM
If women want equal chances to be in combat, then how about women have to start registering for selective service and if they ever need to call on a draft, women are included too. I bet if that were part of the "let me serve in combat' deal, women would vote 90% to not be allowed to serve. Coming from a woman. Sorry, but if I have to pull a man out of a burning tank, I'm only 5'6" and 125 lbs. I'm a liability.

ObamaMiles Tax Coming Soon

Ruth228 Wrote: Jan 17, 2013 11:54 PM
What exactly does that mean? Most gun owners are law abiding citizens. What did the Virginia Tech guy, The Aurora Guy and the Connecticut guy all have in common? They were all head cases who were under the case of medical professionals who did nothing.

Smoke Pot, Ban Guns, Kill Kids

Ruth228 Wrote: Jan 17, 2013 11:44 PM
I have two children. My husband and I own several firearms which we store responsbily and teach our children firearm safety. Our children value life and know that a gun is a tool that can take a human life. Gun owners with small children or head case young adults on anti-depressants should take more concern with how they store weapons or in deciding if they should even own them at all given their living situation. I 100% support the 2nd amendment, but I would be okay if had Adam Lanza's mom lived, they charged her with improper storage of a weapon or man-slaughter for providing access to guns for a crazy person. Pass a law like that, then allow people to self regulate responsible ownership and gun storage.