Editor’s note: A version of this article first appeared at Forbes.com.
Republicans are flailing about these days, trying to rebrand themselves before the next election cycle. A certain amount of introspection and internecine debate is inevitable after suffering a stinging loss against an opponent with a dismal record. One thing the GOP needs to do to gain greater acceptance among voters is to improve their credibility by outgrowing a tiresome, unthinking opposition to any and all tax increases.
This is anything but a recommendation that Republicans “go moderate” and tack for
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 39 mins ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 3 hours ago