Editor’s note: A version of this article first appeared at Forbes.com.
Republicans are flailing about these days, trying to rebrand themselves before the next election cycle. A certain amount of introspection and internecine debate is inevitable after suffering a stinging loss against an opponent with a dismal record. One thing the GOP needs to do to gain greater acceptance among voters is to improve their credibility by outgrowing a tiresome, unthinking opposition to any and all tax increases.
This is anything but a recommendation that Republicans “go moderate” and tack for
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago