"The new Republican House leadership is flexing its political muscle in the budget process, proposing a continuing resolution that would trim $74 billion in government spending, including a $38 million cut in U.S. Forest Service funding." http://summitcountyvoice.com/2011/02/10/house-gop-set-to-cut-forest-service-budget-by-38-million/
Sometimes, just one little vignette says it all: Despite his campaign having spent more last month than it raised, campaigning in New Hampshire, President Obama offers to buy ice cream for everyone at the Dairy Bar.
Hey, maybe this should be a new entitlement! "Free" ice cream for everyone, courtesy of the Obama campaign!
(But chances are, Mrs. Obama will not be pleased, given the stuff's high fat and sugar content.)
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago