"The new Republican House leadership is flexing its political muscle in the budget process, proposing a continuing resolution that would trim $74 billion in government spending, including a $38 million cut in U.S. Forest Service funding." http://summitcountyvoice.com/2011/02/10/house-gop-set-to-cut-forest-service-budget-by-38-million/
Sometimes, just one little vignette says it all: Despite his campaign having spent more last month than it raised, campaigning in New Hampshire, President Obama offers to buy ice cream for everyone at the Dairy Bar.
Hey, maybe this should be a new entitlement! "Free" ice cream for everyone, courtesy of the Obama campaign!
(But chances are, Mrs. Obama will not be pleased, given the stuff's high fat and sugar content.)
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 21 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 12 hours ago